Unlike other training and workforce development programs, Student ACES Workforce Bootcamps dedicate 75% of its time to teaching the foundational skills all employers define as necessary to thrive at an organization. Student ACES has partnered with top industry leaders to ensure that students across Florida have the opportunity to work in some of the nation’s top industries and companies.
Moss Construction which is contracted by FPL to build solar fields throughout the state of Florida is looking to hire hundreds of young men and women to work in solar installation with a pathway to supervision.
The next Solar Bootcamp kicks off in Belle Glade on September 13, 2021. This bootcamp will last 2 weeks, Monday – Friday from 9am – 2pm. Full and successful participation in the Solar Bootcamp is required to be recommended for employment with Moss Construction.
Candidates must demonstrate that they are young men and women of strong character, honor and integrity. This is not an internship program. It is an entry level job in the Solar Generation Construction industry. The applicants who successfully finish the Solar Boot Camp will be working for Moss Construction who is contracted by FPL. Due to FPL’s commitment to build a significant number of solar sites in Florida and throughout the United States, this job is viewed as a career. FPL has a growing demand for supervisors in the nascent and fast growth industry.
Criteria for Selection into Solar Bootcamp
- If applicant has not participated in the Student ACES Program, candidate must have demonstrated excellent work ethic in high school or employment
- GED or higher
- Must have 2 referrals
- Applicants must pass a background check and drug test prior to the bootcamp
- Applicant must have demonstrated capacity to learn and aspire to greatness
- Applicant must be recommended by high school faculty or coaches
- Applicant must be willing to work outdoors in inclement weather and difficult heat and humidity
- Applicant should desire to strive to advance to supervision through excellent work ethic and competency
- Applicant must be willing to take instruction from supervision
- Applicant must be able to work well with others
- Applicant must be honest
- Applicant must have a positive attitude